Friday, June 25, 2010

I'm Old, Leave Me Alone!!!

Doesn't tonsilitis realize I am 44 years old? Doesn't it normally like to bother the snot out of kiddos and not old people like me? On Tuesday, when I was preparing to leave my parent's house after a nice visit, I began having the worst kind of pain in my mouth and my neck. I thought my tooth was hurting, felt like it was the tooth, couldn't figure out why, but sent my hubby to get something to make the pain go away. I spent 3.5 hours in the backseat of my hubby's truck with 3 dogs driving back to Atlanta with what I thought was a toothache from hell! Wednesday is spent at the pool with Will and his girlfriend, popping tylenol like m&m's because the pain was so incredible. By the time we arrived back home, I was feverish, my neck was swollen and I couldn't swallow. Took me a good look at the 'ol throat with a penlight shoved in my mouth. OMG!!! I have never seen such a mess with my tonsils. My left tonsil was so swollen and distorted, looking alot like something Picasso may have painted. So now its been a couple of days, I'm taking meds, but I still can't eat, swallow or open my mouth very wide (hubby likes this part). So I am asking all of you, why does 'ol tonsilitis feel a need to bother me, I'm old!!!!????!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment